PBS Frontline “Digital Nation"
After you have investigated the local park, you will write a report to the MAYOR of Walnut Grove with recommendations on how to improve the Small Urban Space using William H. Whytes criteria.
- The report should be addressed to the Mayor. Use the link to the Mayor's webpage to get the correct details.
- Explain why we are using William H. White's criteria.
- A detailed paragraph should be written for each of the seven criteria.
- The report should not have a negative tone, but instead discuss what criteria is in place and how it can be improved.
- Follow the template where applicable
- State your name in the last line of the report, and sign it if it is printed.
1. Is it more important to buy cheap (whether it's American or not), so that the savings could be put back into the economy, or to buy only American products? Defend your answer.
2. Do people take sweatshop jobs because they are better than their alternatives, such as even-lower-paying jobs or child prostitution? Economist David Henderson said, "The person who tries to get you fired is not your friend." What do you think of this quote?
3. Does buying foreign goods encourage American companies to be better, in order to compete in the global economy? What are the benefits and/or drawbacks of this?
Research Assignment: Small Urban Spaces
The Social Life of Small Urban Spaces (1979)
d. Analyze the impact of demographic changes and changes in settlement patterns on a society.
A public education rapid transit system
b. Explain the impact of globalization on social change.
a. Describe the various forms of collective behavior.
Walnut Grove Small Urban Space Report to the Mayor.
c. Evaluate the impact of technology on social change.